Tweaks For Windows 8 CP With Windows8Manager. - Tips and Tricks -

* * * * * 1 votes

Tweaks For Windows 8 CP With Windows8Manager.

Windows 8 Manager Windows 8 CP

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 usagi-pire

usagi-pire

Moderators

• Moderators
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Hay. This is Cody AKA Usagi.

I have some Tweaks that I have found through trial & error that will prove useful for your Win8 CP.

First off I'll have you download this amazing, Typo-filled program called Windows8Manager.
http://www.yamicsoft...ows8manager.zip

With this software you can do many things like, Tweaking & Accelerating your computers networking capabilities,
Optimizing you system for better performance, Cleaning Junk Files that aren't needed, And many more.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Now if you have been using Win8 for awhile... you might have noticed a few errors dealing with .exe initiating.
(You get an error msg stating that the file attributes or something is messed up blah blah blah...)
(Assuming that everything is stock & your an ADMIN & has common sense)
To fix this -- hover you mouse near the bottom right of you screen to get the Win8 Sidebar>
Move up to Settings and Select>Find Control Panel located right under "Desktop" Select>
Select System and Security>Then Administrative Tools>Look for System Configuration and select>
Select the Tab named Services>Scroll down until you see - Windows Error Reporting Service...>Disable it.
So far I was the only one that had the errors. What didn't make since to me is that I installed Win8 on three laptops and all three had the same problem.

Ok. now that the error is gone let's get started with that Windows8Manager i mentioned earlier.

My biggest piece of advice is IF YOU ARE GIVEN  AN OPTION TO MOVE CLEANED FILES TO THE RECYCLE BIN... CLICK YES!!!!
Always do it.

Ok, If you are dying to clean your PC here are some options with W8M...
Open up W8M>Select Cleaner>Junk File Cleaner>Check the box for your C:\ Drive>Scan... Walk away, grab a beer, chill out, listen to some of SKRILLEX's new hits>
Come back to check progress>Mine's still going>1 sec...>Ok. I have 151 JF Detected>

DO NOT DELETE YET. IF SO, PM ME!!
Look for a file called C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Immersive Control Panel.ink>
Uncheck it>Right Click it>Select To Skip Folder>Now you can Select Delete>YES. MOVE IT TO RECYCLE BIN>Go outside, jump on a trampoline to get rid of that gut>After that check and make sure that your Win8 More PC Settings work.

And that will keep you from Borking your More PC Settings accessed from your Win8 Sidebar SETTINGS.

If you have already messed up your Win8 More PC Settings (When you click it and nothing happens) And have emptied the Recycle Bin.
Just reinstall Win8 CP Download: http://windows.micro...dows-8/download

Now for some Tweaks using W8M.

Open W8M>(left tabs) Select Optimizer>Then System Speed>(Top Tabs)If not already Select System. Look at some of the options.
If you have 7zip or WinRar disable the Windows 8 Zip and Cab.>
(Top tab) Select RAM and Disk Cache>Use the Query option.Choose the options that they tell you.>
(Left Tab) Select Startup Manager> THIS IS A LITTLE CONFUSING.>If you check the box for a service, it is enabled,
If the box is empty, it will not start on boot or be found in the Task Manager Start up option. No need to do anything else.>
Now Select Service Manager (Left Tab)>Select Optimize in the top left hand corner>Read the options and choose depending on what you don't need.

(Left Tab) Select Cleaner>Dup. Files Finder. This will delete any files you may have downloaded more than once.>Check the C;\ box, Scan & Delete.
Select Registry Cleaner> Scan Registry>Select All and Clean.>
Select Registry Defrag>Click Analyze> Compaq.

Now to speed up your Network. (Left Tab) Select Network>Now this is all up to you but i changed my settings to complete stupid.
So you hafta try it out your self (recommended, select DSL or LAN-or-More)
Now navigate to the top tab named Tweak Network. Once again I can't specify what's the best choice. So have fun.

Here's something fun to do. Go to Security in W8M...
Click on Lon In.>Check the box, Legal Notice Dialog Box Before Logon.
Title= FBI WARNING.
Messages= You have been Red Flagged due to multiple accounts of DDOS attacks from this device.
Now Save and hit Ok. Shut down and Turn back on. (Don't Reboot)

If you need any more info please reply below or PM me. Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 LordValek357

LordValek357

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWheeling, WV

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

or better yet, dont run a consumer preview of windows 8.  I wont run windows 8 til about 3-6 months into the release, due to EVERY MS windows release is bugged til about that far into release, look at vista, windows 7, and dear lord I hate goin here, but windows ME

#3 usagi-pire

usagi-pire

Moderators

• Moderators
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

:o lord have mercy. ME was. lol
Posted Image

#4 usagi-pire

usagi-pire

Moderators

• Moderators
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Has anyone tried the newer RP??? I'm not going to do it because when i click the new ISO it only gives me the option of a clean install. :\
Posted Image

#5 Xxcpgamer13xX

Xxcpgamer13xX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Ughhhhhhh this forum again :Tounge: how do you like your newest copy of windows 8?
Gamer Clan Leader

#6 usagi-pire

usagi-pire

Moderators

• Moderators
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Clean, Fast. Happy.
Posted Image

#7 Xxcpgamer13xX

Xxcpgamer13xX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

Well thats good my windows 8 is lagging now going to have to redo it.
Gamer Clan Leader

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windows 8 Manager, Windows 8, CP