3 replies to this topic

#1 mbobino

mbobino

Exterminator

• Administrator
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hello everyone!

First I'd like to take a minute to explain what's been going on with me and why I haven't been around lately. Most everyone knows that back in June I had my first child. He's been a handful these past few months and I haven't had time for any of the extra activities I'm usually involved with like the site here and building roms like I used to. I've just recently started a new job that is looking really promising in giving me a good chunk of extra time to work on some of the things I enjoy doing. With that being said, I'd like to reinvest into AR and really try to get our site moving again.

A few weeks back we moved to a new host (AndroidFileHost) and made a few behind the scene changes. What I'm proposing is that we completely revamp the site into something bigger and better. Now, before anyone goes and gets upset I'm not talking about adding WinMo devices or anything extreme but I am talking about a new (better, much better) theme, a better system of organizing devices, promoting the site, and also trying to make the site self-sufficient in terms of paying for itself.

I wanted to start this thread as a place for everyone to pitch in ideas they think will benefit both the site and it's users. Hopefully neo will come along and help me out with all of this so we can make this a reality.

On that note, feel free to post anything and everything you can think of. No suggestion is too small or unimportant. I want to hear everything, just be ready to back up why you think it can help and if you can help implement it.

Thanks in advance to everyone who is willing to help make AR a great place.

-mbobino

#2 mbobino

mbobino

Exterminator

• Administrator
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Some of my ideas so far:

- New site themes that have a little bit more color. Preferably several different themes with different base colors, like a blue, red, purple, orange, etc theme.
- Better site layout and navigation
- Do away with the news section (for now) until we can get a large news team together
- Do away with all of the devices on the forum index that aren't currently being used and implement a way for device developers to request that specific devices be supported
- Reorganize the forum index in a way that's easier to navigate for the common user
- Open up a novice area for general android information like rooting, bootloader unlocking, and the like
- Open up an area for people to post how-to's on cooking roms, another area for programming roms, and another area for theming roms

There are a lot more ideas floating around in my head but those are the big ones for now

#3 shrike1978

shrike1978

Moderator / Developer

• Super Moderator
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

FWIW, I've made the decision to do all of my new releases from this point out primary on this site.  Hopefully that should generate some traffic.  Maybe not a lot, but every little bit helps, right?

My HTC Rezound ROMS:
CounterShrike (Heavily modified CM9 - Aroma Installer) - PAC-Man (CM10/AOKP/Paranoid Android hybrid - Coming Soon)

Learn to compile CM9 for your HTC Rezound

All of my work is open source: My Github

Donations are never expected, but always appreciated.

Posted Image

#4 rowwor

rowwor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Yes..i agreed. Neo is my good friend and i wish his site grow like others.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2