4 replies to this topic

#1 Hanger84

Hanger84

Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

So, I've been hinting at it and leaking little bits of information about my new project and now it has come time to reveal all!

I give to you, Android Revolutions Radio!

So, down to exactly what this is...it's a 24/7 live streaming radio station that's centered on android and music. More than just an internet radio station, this is a station unlike any other before! I’ve partnered with Android File Host and Neo from Android Revolutions to bring to the android community something truly unique. While currently it may not have a nice polish on it, in the coming weeks, the station will ramp up and get in full swing, as well as the webpage for it and a lot more functionality. Me, Neo, and xRepinsSporx from AFH have been hard at work on this for a few weeks now and feel like now is the time to reveal the project to the android community.

Initially I wanted to unveil the station much sooner, but various things have caused me to hold back on unveiling it, but after much hard work and anticipation, I just can't keep it under wraps any longer.

Android Revolutions Radio is not like anything heard before. While the station is host to various DJs that play a great variety of music, that's not everything the station is about. It's the first of its kind to be a truly open platform for the android community. Offering shows for local and unheard musicians and artists, developer interviews, up to the minute android news, as well as live coverage from various events, this station is built from the ground up with the android community in mind and everything that is the spirit of the community and radio.

In the coming weeks we will be introducing new DJs, new shows, and live events. Not only will listeners get to experience something fresh and news, they will also get a chance to hear about what’s going on in the android world. We will also be offering air time to your favorite developers in the form of on air ads, interviews, and news updates. No longer will you have to scour forums and news sites for your daily fix of all things android, you can get your android fix 24/7...anywhere and everywhere!

Unlike YouTube videos and streaming videos, ARR offers a completely eyes free platform for all things android as well as great music. With ARR, you can tune in and listen on your way to work or while you’re at work....and at night, you can tune in to ARR After Hours where just about anything can happen!

In addition to music, live events, news, and various shows, developers now have a voice! We will be advertising the latest development news and great deals from various android related companies. If you have a development team that caters to wide range of phones and devices, you can have your ROMs and apps advertised on our station and reach your target audience.

I know people cringe when they hear the word advertisements. I too can't stand to have my favorite shows and music interrupted by some dating service peddling their website, or to hear the latest things going on sale at some supermarket. The only ads you will head on Android Revolution Radio are the ones that will benefit the listeners. Ads on discounted cases, top app sales, new ROMs from various development teams, and even discounts on android devices. If it doesn't pertain to android, you won’t hear it here!

So why should YOU listen to Android Revolutions Radio instead of services such as Spotify or Pandora? With services like Pandora, there's one of the major things missing that's truly makes radio great: the personality. As technology advances more and more, less and less of the human element is involved, everything is becoming more and more automated. While services like Pandora are good in many ways, they only support big bands that are already signed to major record labels. One thing that is key at ARR, is that it's open to everyone. We don't care if you have a record contract, you have a voice here! With the advancement of technology and the growth of the internet, more and more artists find their voice and record companies become less and less of a necessity, but with the internet being so massive and broad, it can be hard for new artists and bands to find their audience....and that's where we come in. So you spent hours upon hours learning to play guitar and spent years going through band after band and never achieving fame beyond your friends or the people at the local clubs and bars....now, your music can be heard around the globe by millions of people!

Tonight we will be launching the beta of the station and website, and DJ Taco will be live on the air at 10pm DJing live from Wheeling WV! He will be showcasing his live show as a preview of what will be coming in the following days and weeks as we work diligently on improving the station and website, as well as bringing on new DJs!

Anyways, enough talk about what the station is and offers find out for yourself and tune in!

#2 z3ro

z3ro

Hoss (Global Moderator)

• Moderators
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

AWESOME!

I'm definitely interested. Will there be an app like Pandora for listening in on the go? If so, that'd be amazing. :)
"Kick the baby, Ike!"
"Don't kick the baby..."
"KICK THE BABY!"
*kick lands, glass breaks, mindless babbling*
"IKE! Bad baby! You broke another window!"

Read more about me at http://www.thewordofjoe.com. I post occasionally.

#3 Hanger84

Hanger84

Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

Tune in at AndroidRevolutionsRadio.com

For those on android devices, download the Winamp app, go to the main menu, select Shoutcast, and search for Android Revolutions Radio.

#4 Hanger84

Hanger84

Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

View Postz3ro, on 27 July 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

AWESOME!

I'm definitely interested. Will there be an app like Pandora for listening in on the go? If so, that'd be amazing. :)

Eventually there will be. I have no experience in making apps, so I'm likely going to work with someone and pay to have the app made whenever I have the money.

#5 Hanger84

Hanger84

Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

And there's more yet to come still! Over the next couple weeks or so, we'll be upgrading the server software and changing over to a new/better platform for the station, plus we'll be launching an entirely new page for the station. We're also going to be working with each DJ to create a page for each DJ where people can see what music the DJ has and make a request right from the webpage. The DJs pages will also have bios, links to their favorite bands and devs, and much more.

Like I said, the station is in it's beta phase right now....we're bringing in new DJs, teaching the the ins and outs of the station and getting them set. We're also testing new software and talking to various businesses and dev teams still to bring the best of android into the mix.

So, if anyone knows any dev teams or android related businesses that would be interested in partnering with us or advertising with us, let me know. I'm giving everyone that gets on board now a massive discount on advertising....but when we move into phase to and open up the new website, those discounts will be gone.