Not a great start for the Galaxy S III. Apparently the new flagship device from Samsung went crazy while in an in-car holster. This caused visual melting and burn marks the lower half of the phone. From the photos, it looks like it started around the charging port. The phone user dill02k10 said it "sparked into white flames, followed by a bang".
The phone since has been taken for repair through a phone retailer, Carphone Warehouse, for a full autopsy. Apparently the screen still worked but reception was dead. Dillo was left with no injuries. That parts the good news,
Update: Since the phone caught fire, Samsung updated its blog Samsung Tomorrow with a news statement, reading "Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question. Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously."
Click here to view the article
Samsung Galaxy S III, A Big Boom!?!?
No replies to this topic