Does Your HTC One X Have Wi-Fi Problems? - News -

Does Your HTC One X Have Wi-Fi Problems?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ryan Dizzle

Ryan Dizzle

[android] Chronicles

• [android] Chronicles
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

Does Your HTC One X Have Wi-Fi Problems?

There have been a number of reports from users about a certain "death grip" sans Apple's iPhone 4, which causes intermittent wi-fi connection and loss. The issue seems to be hardware-related in terms of internal wi-fi antennae placement. So holding or gripping your HTC One X a certain way may cause interference issues with your wi-fi connection.

An official representative of HTC from the XDA forums is currently taking reports and observing the matter closely. If you're experiencing wi-fi issues you can check out the xda thread about the wi-fi issues and contact the HTC representative here.

Here's what the rep had to say on XDA:

"Hi guys,

I work for HTC (see my profile). If you're experiencing this, kindly please PM me so we can analyze it. Our engineering teams in Taiwan have looked into it and have been unable to replicate it or determine a root cause, so your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff"

It's good to see a prominent Android OEM like HTC acknowledging this matter and actively trying to pursue the root of the problem by dispatching an HTC rep to a developer forum such as XDA. Let's hope this issue gets cleared soon. The HTC One X considered to be one of the best, if not the best, Android phones on the market.

Click here to view the article