[Rom] Abduction Ics (V1.88A4 & V2.1A3 - Update! 6/24/2012) - Incredible Development -

[Rom] Abduction Ics (V1.88A4 & V2.1A3 - Update! 6/24/2012)

Abduction ICS Inc Incredible HTC ROM Android Droid Ice Cream Sandwich

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Hanger84

Hanger84

Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

No more ROMs from me.

#2 Hanger84

Hanger84

Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

One more

#3 rvolcom

rvolcom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

V1.85a2, very great rom :D camera works, but not the camcorder

#4 jmagnu

jmagnu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

Installed V2.0a9 and the only thing that doesn't work so far is the camera. The ROM is extremely fast. Thank you!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

#5 IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

I think there is actually a fix somewhere for the camera/camcorder... I'll have to do some diggin later and find it.. Then I'll add it to the OP :D

Posted Image

Revolutionizing the Android Community.

Posted Image

Tampered, S-OFF, Running Android 4.0.3 ICS

CleanROM Developer Edition 1.4

Radio 1.22.10.0421r, 1.22.10.0424r

#6 demarcmj

demarcmj

Helper

• Helpers
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

Someone can correct me if either of these are wrong and/or not the latest versions but these are what I understand to be the 2 "fixes" floating around
Camera Fix: http://forum.xda-dev...62#post23948162 (this link gives both the adb version and a flashable one someone made)
GPS Fis: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1549038

On an unrelated note:
I see 6/04/12 in the title... what exactly was the update? I thought 1.85a2 was the version I already had, but maybe I'm wrong. Is that what's new? I figured there'd be more fanfare over a new verison. I'm going to be out of town for a week and want to make sure I have the latest and greatest.

#7 IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

View Postdemarcmj, on 08 June 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Someone can correct me if either of these are wrong and/or not the latest versions but these are what I understand to be the 2 "fixes" floating around
Camera Fix: http://forum.xda-dev...62#post23948162 (this link gives both the adb version and a flashable one someone made)

On an unrelated note:
I see 6/04/12 in the title... what exactly was the update? I thought 1.85a2 was the version I already had, but maybe I'm wrong. Is that what's new? I figured there'd be more fanfare over a new verison. I'm going to be out of town for a week and want to make sure I have the latest and greatest.

That is the date this thread was re-created and you do have the latest.. For now ;)

Sent from my S-OFF Rezound using Tapatalk 2.0

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 jmagnu

jmagnu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Thank you!

#9 rvolcom

rvolcom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

any new fix on the camcorder?

#10 Hanger84

Hanger84

Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Rather than copy and pasting the news on the new build, here's the link to the post on my site about whats been going on and whats to come: http://www.hanger84.net/?p=50

#11 Hanger84

Hanger84

Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

So, I have some AWESOME news....at least I think it is! Since I can't stop making more work for myself, here's a slight preview at something to come that's related to Abduction ICS: The 4th kind!

Also, me and Hakarune have been working on the boot animation tonight to get it perfected and my chin is still on the floor at how awesome this boot animation is turning out! I should have a test build ready in a few hours that I'll post here and on my site, as well as Android Revolutions! Also, keep in mind this will be a slightly rough test build, but mostly a small preview of the changes made to the rom.

*EDIT* Well, after pulling an all nighter, the new test build is just moments away from being ready. I'm going to do one more final, personal test and if nothing immediate sticks out, I'll be uploading it and posting the links here and on my blog......then probably get some sleep lol

Also, this final personal test will let me know what version to set it as.....since it's highly likely that this will FINALLY be a new 2.0+ build....now that AOKP supports it in part....well see how the kernel meshes with it.

*EDIT 2* SON OF A NUTCRACKER! I broke WiFi.....might take a bit to get it working again Posted Image

*EDIT 3* Well, WiFi works now, making a couple build.prop tweaks, then uploading the new build.....HWA is partial, Chrome works, but Youtube is still broke. On a big plus though, the ROM is the fastest it's ever been....or at least is seems that way to me. I'll work on getting youtube working again after I get some sleep.

*EDIT 4* New test build is up! Here's the links:
http://www.androidfi...ICS_V1.88a4.zip
http://goo.im/devs/H...ICS_V1.88a4.zip

Enjoy! I know there's a little graphics bug on the lock screen.....nothing major and nothing that will mess with being able to unlock the phone or change the lock screen options....I'll be working on it later today after I get some sleep.

Forgot to mention, I added in PureMotives battery tweaks. To enable them, go into ROM Control, check Enable start-up tweaks, and Enable sysctl. Later today when I work on the rom some more, I'm going to try to enable this by default.

#12 IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

OP Updated to reflect ^_^

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Hanger84

Hanger84

Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

Ok, so here's the survey/poll/suggestions/comments gdoc: https://docs.google....2X1htUkN1NGc6MQ

Please help out and fill it in, it will help make Abduction a lot better and give me insight into what folks would like to see added, removed, or changed.....and it's easier for me to manage than checking 3 or 4 forums and reading through a ton of posts to find this information. Also adding it to the main post.

#14 jmagnu

jmagnu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

Downloading now! Sooooo exciting

#15 jmagnu

jmagnu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

You ARE ZEN!

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk 2

#16 Hanger84

Hanger84

Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

View Postdemarcmj, on 08 June 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

On an unrelated note:

As of version 1.88, these fixes are included in the ROM :)

I wanna thank all the folks that have encouraged me to keep working on this ROM and those that support it and use it.....you folks are AWESOME! Since I've publicly released Abduction ICS in March, there has been over 4600 downloads of it. That doesn't included version 2.0, or any releases I hosted from my DropBox. If I was able to get those numbers, it would likely be over 8000 downloads. To think in 3 months, there has been over 4600 verifiable downloads of my ROM is amazing!

What started off as a little project for only my phone and a couple friends has become much bigger than I thought it ever would be. I'm not a great dev like Joelz, Newtoroot, HeyItsLou, or some of the other fantastic devs out there...but I'm learning as I go. I hope the new version of Abduction becomes as popular. Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has encouraged me and helped me along the way, and those that have been patiently awaiting new releases over the past couple of months.

#17 cheung

cheung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

#1. Just wanted to say thanks to Hanger for the ROM. I've been using it as a daily since v1.5, and am currently loving v2.1.

But, I am having a strange issue with the phone storage, I keep getting a message in the notification area that my phone storage is getting low. I remember getting this back when I was stock Gingerbread, and there was some flash-able solution that I did to get rid of the problem. But now the problem is weirder, you can see from the screen caps (assuming they attached right) that I am not even at 50% of my app storage space (side note: phone storage number is different from the DiskUsage app number, ¿por qué?). So what's the issue? Weirder still is that all I have to do to get rid of the message is click on the notification and click on a few apps, scroll around for a bit, and then it's gone. I don't delete or move anything to the SD card. But I'll get an email or update and app and it's back again. Obviously, not a huge problem, I just wasn't sure if it was something anyone else had experienced or not and whether my cursory Google search had missed something obvious.

#3. This ROM is still awesome-sauce!

Posted Image Posted Image

#18 Hanger84

Hanger84

Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

I'm not sure, I've never gotten that before. It could be something with partition. Try installing the ROM and then using the EXT4 mod to see if it fixes the problem.

#19 cheung

cheung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

Thanks Hanger, definitely worked! I just did the EXT4 mod over my system with just a cache and dalvik wipe and it seems to be all good. I've gotten a bunch of emails and downloaded a few apps to test it and no problems so far.

I do have another issue though, and I've been hunting the forums for a while but no one else seems to have mentioned it. I keep having issues where I'll have the phone upside down in my pocket, get a call, try to answer it but the screen is upside down. It auto-rotates fine, so I just have to flip it over, but since our phones are pretty symmetrical (and I'm an idiot) I have found myself more than once yelling into the speaker and listening to the mic. I have auto-rotate disabled (or at least, unchecked) both in the notification area toggle and in the display settings, but I've noticed that doesn't really affect much of anything (ie. camera, email, and messages still auto-rotate). Any idea if this is an ICS thing? Like I said, it's not a huge deal since I just need to flip the phone. I found a thread for another ICS ROM where someone said you have to decompile the phone.apk and then change some stuff, but I was hoping there was a simpler way, as I'd be less likely (albeit, still pretty likely) to screw it up.

#20 Hanger84

Hanger84

Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

Disable the 180 degree rotation. Thats what causes that. If you still get it, try enabeling and then disabeling it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Abduction, ICS, Inc, Incredible, HTC, ROM, Android, Droid, Ice Cream Sandwich