1 reply to this topic

#1 Hawk8509

Hawk8509

News Team

• [android] Chronicles
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:06 AM

First off I want to give a huge shout out to my friends over at AT&T for sending me this device to review.

I have had the Galaxy Note for close to 24 hours now and I am really getting use to the size of the device. The massive 5.3″ super AMOLED HD display with a resolution of 800 x 1280 pixels is a thing of beauty. After a full charge up I made it 8½ hours til I hit 10% battery left and that was moderate to heavy use. Mind you the Galaxy Note has a 2500 mAh battery which dwarfs that of my HTC Vivid which squeaks by the day with a 1800 mAh after market battery.

The Samsung Galaxy Note is currently running Android 2.3.6 (GingerBread). Its rocking a 1.5 GHz Dual-Core processor which is blazing fast. It is sporting AT&T’s LTE bands which I have noticed are outstanding in my area. Also the Note doesn’t loose battery life from having LTE like my Vivid does.

Something that sets the Galaxy Note apart from other devices besides its enormous size is the S-Pen. I have found that note taking to everyday operations are much easier to do with a pen. I honestly had this opinion that the pen would be sort of a gimmick that no one would use a lot. I was wrong for it makes the device very fluent and comfortable to use.

The Note weights in at 6.28 oz and its dimensions are 5.78″ x 3.27″ x 0.38″ which gives you a very pocketable phone/tablet in one. I honestly can’t tell its in pocket like I imagined I would.

The Note is made of plastic but has just enough weight to it that gives it that durable feel. Behind that plastic next to that generous sized battery is a microSD card slot which can hold up to a 32GB card to add to the 16GB internal storage.

I took some test photos while out and about and the 8 megapixel camera takes beautiful pictures. The 2 megapixel front facing camera looks like a 5 megapixel camera mostly do to that wonderful Super Amoled display. I was taken back after recording a video in 1080p and playing it back to see just how clear and robust the video capture is along with the display.

I will follow up over the next few days with my thoughts and tests on the Note. You can follow along with me on twitter @hawk8509 and I will be more than happy to answer your questions about the Note or any other device.

Click here to view the article
Follow me on Twitter @Hawk8509

#2 Ryan Dizzle

Ryan Dizzle

[android] Chronicles

• [android] Chronicles
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

can't wait until your full review of it. i own both the international and american Notes myself and am always anxious to read other people's reviews and thoughts about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2