Mercury - Android Tab-10 - Flytouch/Superpad 3 - Page 4 - Android Tab-10 Development - - Page 4

* * * * * 1 votes

Mercury - Android Tab-10 - Flytouch/Superpad 3

Flytouch Superpad Mercury Tablet Clone Tab I Like Turtles 2.3 Android Neo is greater than Wolf

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 pan2fire

pan2fire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

View Postnu2droid, on 08 August 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

I found and downloaded the 2011-11-14 build, but I am not finding the Tab 10. Where is that one?
You can find it on Neo's thread on the slatedroid board with all instructions for flashing from an external SD card (the safest way to flash). The machine name on that ROM is tab10.
Tell me if the link does not work for you, I'll upload it somewhere else.

View Postnu2droid, on 08 August 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Have you tried the 2012-06-04 build?
No, but this would be the latest one available and therefore closer to what Cheb is looking for. Where can we download that ROM?

#62 nu2droid

nu2droid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

I found that and I am trying to follow the directions but I am not having any luck.

I say the 2012-06-04 Build, but I guess it was not updated. Looks like he just changed the name on the thread. still links back to the 11-2011 build. Sorry to get anyones hopes up..
I am now trying the one listed by james w using winhex.

I have tried the others and when I boot up the tab I get the message that says getting recovery image, the screen goes fuzzy and a message pops up saying somthing like unable to do it, check your zSYS.img.

Have you used the winhex? how does it work?

#63 pan2fire

pan2fire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Yes I have used WinHex to prepare a SD recovery card. I have not used other methods.
Very complete instructions (with screen dumps) for using WinHex on a PC to prepare an external card for flashing came with the 19-12-2011 ROM on Neo's thread on the slatedroid board., in the directory "WinHex and Instructions". Follow them to the letter, they work. Do not skip the instruction at the end to format the card to FAT32 (fast format) after having prepared the boot sector. This formatting will not erase the boot sector.

Once you have done that you can re-use that card to flash any ROM:
Just create an "android" directory on that card containing the files for the ROM that you want to burn:
ndisk.img
ramdisk.img
system.img
uImage
userdata.img
zSYS.img

When you reboot with that card in the external slot, the ROM will be flashed.

BTW: Just turn on your tablet normally using the power button, not by pressing [Power][Home][Back]. The type of message you get reminds me of error messages you get when you press those 3 buttons for a recovery of your factory ROM. If a previous flash has not been successful, there is usually no original recovery to get back to. Once you have successfully flashed another ROM, the 3 button recovery should be available again, but for the new ROM.

#64 nu2droid

nu2droid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

I followed the instructions to the letter and yet I have been unable to upload any of the roms so far. I tried 3 as of right now. I experimented with the files inside and outside of the "android" folder. Everytime I get the same messages.
Getting Recovery Image...
Extracting Recovery Data...
Extracting data failed, please check your zSYS.img
Also notice in the pics the fuzzy background on the second and third images. ,
NOTE: I get the same messages if I try to get into recovery without trying to flash a rom. I read somwhere in one of Neo's posts that he thought that rooting his device might have "broke" his recovery. So for giggles I tried this with and without root.

Thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20120808_224315.jpg
  • IMG_20120808_224324.jpg
  • IMG_20120808_224339.jpg

#65 pan2fire

pan2fire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

Based on your description, your machine is the same as mine. I assume therefore that given the same well prepared card it will behave the same way as mine.
Based on your error messages, flashing fails when trying to read the image data, therefore the problem is with the files on the card. In fact it appears to fail on the very first file.

Here are some thoughts:
The ROM files have to be in the android directory. NOT in the base folder. The base folder should preferably only have directories in it, no ROM files. Android is based on Linux, therefore it is case sensitive. The folder and  file names MUST be exactly the same i.e capitals only where they are in the original files. The android directory is all lower case.

I would try:
1- reformat the card (FAT 32 - fast format) once more.
2- do not place any file in the root direcory. Place your ROM files in the android subdirectory only. Close down Windows Explorer or whatever file manager you use to copy the files to the card before removing the USB card reader.
3- When removing the USB card reader from the PC, do not just yank the USB out, remove it properly using the Windows icon to do that. If it refuses to eject the USB, then close down windows before taking the USB out. I had some trouble in the past with inclomplete files when yanking the USB out.

I would try first with the stock factory ROM (the 19-12-2011 original superpad ROM found in subdirectory android in the archive). Once you know that works you'll feel better and can then try any of the others.

#66 nu2droid

nu2droid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

I am going nuts here trying to figure this out. The only thing is the problem might be my card. I am using a 1gb card. I have been reading and more people are saying it needs to be a 2gb or larger card. I found directions for formatting the card that matches James' directions (http://www.crashzilla.com/Support/) with the addition of the 2gb mention.
Have you successfully flashed anything with a 1 gb card?
I guess I am going to have to dig around to find another card.

edit: I found a 8gb card. Formated it win WINHEX and still nothing. Same messages. Tried 3 ROMS (including the original, the one that contained the WINHEX).

edit: Also, the startup splash screen says "Powered by OEM". The ad that I purchased it from and the back of the unit says MID M1006s. Dont know if either of these tidbits change anything.

#67 pan2fire

pan2fire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

I think they mention a 2 or 4 gig SD card only because it's difficult to find anything smaller these days.
Once you format the card to FAT32 it gets down to 704MB anyway, no matter what it was before.

Obviously your tablet reacts correctly to the boot loader, but once there it cannot read the files. The question now is why?

There is the possibility of problems with the micro SD card. SD cards often have faulty sectors from manufacture and they do not last long anyway. Formatting them also reduces their lifespan and can resurrect problems that were hidden by the inbuilt controller.

Test your 2 cards with driverestore http://www.pcrecovery.com/driverestore. It handles SD cards well and the demo version (valid 30 days) will tell you if the problem is there.

My card is a plain SD card, not SDHC. Are your cards SDHC? Perhaps the software used by the boot loader cannot handle SDHC...

#68 nu2droid

nu2droid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

OK.
The 1gb card is a "Micro SD", the 4gb is a Scandisk brand Micro SDHC. The adapters I am using are Scandisk MicroSD & Micro SDHC and the other is a Samsung MicroSD. I have tried every combination of 3 different SD cards with the two adapters. I downloaded the software you mention and ran full diagnostics....... All cards were "excellent".
What am I missing? Could my tab not be a Tab10?

#69 pan2fire

pan2fire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

To compare with yours, here is the Android System Info for mine. I bought it about 10 months ago as a Superpad III, it is rooted with Z4root. It's very much like yours, so I'd have no doubt that you have a stock Mercury/Tab10 and that what works on mine should work on yours.
Sorry about the French in there, I use the tablet in French.

Infos du build
Version d'Android : 2.2
Nom de code de la distribution : REL
Niveau d'API : 8
CPU ABI : armeabi
Constructeur : unknown
Bootloader : unknown
CPU ABI2 : unknown
Hardware : imapx200
Radio : unknown
Board : unknown
Brand : generic
Device : mercury
Display : FRF85B
Fingerprint : generic/mercury/mercury/:2.2/FRF85B/eng.root.20111114.173009:user/test-keys
Host : wanghua-desktop
ID : FRF85B
Modèle : mercury
Produis : mercury
Tags : test-keys
Type : user
Utilisateur : root

CPU
Processor ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v6l)
BogoMIPS 791.34
Features swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java
CPU implementer 0x41
CPU architecture 6TEJ
CPU variant 0x1
CPU part 0xb36
CPU revision 5
Hardware IMAPX200
Revision 0000
Serial 0000000000000000

Mémoire
Cache de téléchargement Max: 63,98 Mo/ Libre: 45,00 Mo
data Max: 1,00 Go/ Libre: 698 Mo
Stockage externe. Max: 2,46 Go/ Libre: 2,27 Go
RAM Totale: 437 Mo
RAM Libre: 227 Mo
Threshold RAM: 16,00 Mo

Ecran
Résolution: 1024 x 600
Taux de rafraichissement: 61.46
X facteur pour DIP: 1.0
Densité: 160 dpi
Pixel par pouce X: 159.5681 dpi Y: 160.42105 dpi

#70 nu2droid

nu2droid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

Wow. Comparing side by side they are identical... This does not make any sence. Let me ask this. Can you boot from the USB port the way you would with a sdcard? i.e. put files on jump drive?

edit: ok, never mind about the usb drive, it didnt work either.

#71 pan2fire

pan2fire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

I suggest doing a binary file comparison of the ROM files on the PC and on the SD:

You can use the file compare utility that is part of Windows.
- Slip your card reader (with the recovery micro SD in it) into a USB slot of your PC.
- Go to a Windows shell terminal [Start]->[Run] enter "cmd" (without the quotes).
- On the command line type and enter: fc /B <path to the original file on PC> <path to the SD card file>
If the files are binary identical you should see "no differences encountered".

For example with my SD  card I get:
C:\>fc /B "G:\down\hardware\Tablet\Superpad III\ROM\Original19-12-2011\original superpad rom\android\zSYS.img" "K:\android\zSYS.img"
Comparing files G:\DOWN\HARDWARE\TABLET\SUPERPAD III\ROM\ORIGINAL19-12-2011\ORIGINAL SUPERPAD ROM\ANDROID\zSYS.img and K:\ANDROID\ZSYS.IMG
FC: no differences encountered

If you get that reply with every file in the android directory, you will be sure the files on the card are OK.

#72 nu2droid

nu2droid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Nope. All came back  no diferences...

Hey, I just noticed something. I know my tab has the Infotmic chip. As I am looking around, I am seeing that people's startup screen say something refering to Infotmic. My does not. Does that make a difference? Attached are pics of each step of the boot up.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20120809_092906.jpg
  • IMG_20120809_092902.jpg
  • IMG_20120809_092913.jpg
  • IMG_20120810_213005.jpg

#73 pan2fire

pan2fire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

View Postnu2droid, on 10 August 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

Nope. All came back  no diferences...
OK then, there remains either a different boot on the SD (I cannot see how) or faulty tablet hardware (doubtful).

Can you try again to write the boot sector to your plain SD card (not the SDHC one).
If that fails, send me a private message with your email address. I'll send you my working SD recovery card by snail mail as this seems to be the last resort.

#74 pan2fire

pan2fire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

View Postnu2droid, on 10 August 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

Hey, I just noticed something. I know my tab has the Infotmic chip. As I am looking around, I am seeing that people's startup screen say something refering to Infotmic. My does not. Does that make a difference? Attached are pics of each step of the boot up.

These screens are customized by the reseller, they don't mean a thing.
Instead of your first two screens, mine has only one with the Android logo where it gives the original build date and says it comes with Android 2.3 (which is bull). There is no mention of infotmic anywhere on my boot up screens either. The other 2 screens are the same.

#75 nu2droid

nu2droid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

Is there another way to "Push" files to the tab? Like force feed it or something?

Also, I was reading about firmware based on "Disco". It also had specs awfully simular to this. Is there a way to make sure it is not that device?
Just grasping at straws here..

#76 pan2fire

pan2fire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

Yes, besides the SD card method one can tether the tablet  to a PC with a male-male USB cable and use a piece of software called IUW.I never investigated that since the SD card method worked at the first try for me.I don't know the differences with the Disco. Some people on the slatedroid board superpad  thread have successfully flashed their tab10 to Disco.

Edit:
You will find software and instructions to flash with USB tethering there.
The "Russian" ROM android10 has files and software for both the SD card method and the USB tehering method. It is the one that works the most smoothly on my tablet.

#77 animagic

animagic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

THe russian rom 2.3 is working well on my tablet too it just don't recognise sim card so I cant make calls or use 3g. Is there a way to fix that? I would like also to use the 600 fixed firmware but with this wifi is not working I got the message unable to scan for networks and it turns off, any solutions for that?

Plus you can find some downloads to that link http://share.coomao.com whitch i have found on a spanish forum by accident.

#78 jolev

jolev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

hi everybody.
At first Happy new year.

Can you tell me if exist an update after the russian firmware(20111114) or it's the laste one ?

i've got a lot of matter with the touchscreen (sometimes, i need to put 4 time tou lauch apps)

thanks for help

#79 ilikepcs

ilikepcs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationover here

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

Didn't have much success with Z4root. I used gingerbreak 1.10. Couldn't find the explorer, so I did most things manually via Terminal Emulator. Slowly working through this. I'm no developer but have a descent understanding of basics. Is there anyone else playing with this unit? I picked it up to play around with and later found your forum....which appears to have lost folks. But, if I'm successful, I'll post what I've done. Like the previous post, the touchscreen takes a lot of patience!!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flytouch, Superpad, Mercury, Tablet, Clone, Tab, I Like Turtles, 2.3, Android, Neo is greater than Wolf