Mercury - Android Tab-10 - Flytouch/Superpad 3 - Android Tab-10 Development -

* * * * * 1 votes

Mercury - Android Tab-10 - Flytouch/Superpad 3

Flytouch Superpad Mercury Tablet Clone Tab I Like Turtles 2.3 Android Neo is greater than Wolf

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

INTRODUCTION

This thread is dedicated to all those who are running Android Tab10 on what they may have thought was a ibex Flytouch/Superpad 3.

***If you are a moderator and feel that this was placed in the improper section, by all means move it where you feel it best serves this community.***

End Users: I'm sorry to inform you that you have most likely either been mislead into purchasing or purchased unintentionally a lower quality device, which is a clone attempt on the ibex Flytouch 3 model.

Now, that's not to say that we can't have fun making this device more than what it was when you purchased it! I will be moderating the first 2 posts in this thread as I gain new ideas and techniques to include tips, tricks, tweaks, mods, and all kinds of info.

DEVICE SPECIFICATIONS

What you MOST LIKELY have is a device called a "Mercury". This is a clone tablet put together as cheaply as possible to most closely resemble the ibex flytouch 3 model. This cloning is born out of the success of ibex's Flytouch 5 and is typically sold as a Flytouch/Superpad III. The makers did their best to reproduce this as cheaply as possible. After all, you probably purchased it between (and I'm using US $) $140-$200. Not bad for a 10.1 inch with all the bells and whistles you could ever ask for! They have to make a profit off of this too right? So you can imagine how budget tight this device was created.

***PLEASE NOTE***
To confirm you do in fact have the same device I am using, download ELIXIR or ELIXIR2 from the app market. It will identify more information than you could think of about the physical aspects of your device. Most of the information I'm going to provide here is based on my findings through Elixer.

If you cannot find this free app in the market, which is a likely possibility, download it from another android device such as a smartphone. If your android device is rooted, you can browse to the apk usually located in /Data/App and copy it to a micro sd card, upload it to a dropbox, send it in an email that is synced with your tab, etc. Just so long as you get it on the tablet and instal it.

The following is a list of specs I have put together as discovery and research on my part:

Manufacturer: Unknown (There are several)
Model: Mercury - Sold with the Flytouch/Superpad 3 name
System: Android Tab10
Android Version: Listed on the device as 2.3 in the about section, but sold as a 2.2... Research shows it's most likely a mutated 2.2 Froyo. Elixir shows it to be v2.2
CPU: ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v6L) Single Core - Infotm iMAPX220,1GHz ARM11
Memory RAM: 512MB with roughly 405MB available.
"Hard Drive":
Actually "FLASH" memory.. It's split as follows:
Internal Storage: 2.5GB /mnt/sdcard (inside the device is most likely an actual micro sd card that is mounted internally.. it is being treated as internal memory.. This is info by research and I'm yet to confirm on mine)
Internal Storage: 1GB /DATA (File System space for Applications)
Hard drive is sold as a Built in 4GB. Some Sellers call it "Flash" which is what it is)
Kernel: a few different, most notable tho- root@jackie and root@wanghua build. I personally, am running Linux Verion 2.6.32.9 root@wanghua which I do not believe supports HAVS nor can you change clock settings.. Strangely enough, I haven't found an app that is able to determine the current frequencies... ?
Power Adapter: 9V DC (Sold to me as: 100-240V Input, 5V DC Output, 2.5A)
Lithium Battery: unsure.. I know it's Li-ion, haven't checked on type (sold as- 4800mAh Stand-by time: 3.5-4 hours)
Screen: Resistive 600x1024 160DPI (sold as-10.1 inch ultra high definition touchscreen)
Wifi: yes 802.11 b/g (tested, works fantastic)(research shows it's a rerouted usb port inside with an external usb-wifi adapter attached XD. I have not opened it to see yet)
3G Data: untested. (sold as- Support 3G dongle, working on WCDMA network)
RJ45 Ethernet 10/100 Port: Yes but untested
HDMI (out): yes, untested.
Audio: 2 super crappy, super quiet stereo speakers. Apparently however, this is the case for all Flytouch/Superpad 3 models including ibex's.
Accelerometer: Yes. Also supports 260 screen rotation. Tested, and working properly.
Camera: Front facing only. 1.3m pixel. Also records video. Both 640x480. Both tested fine.
File Formats supported: untested. (sold as: AVI, WMV, RM, RMVB, MKV, 3GP, MP4, ASF, VOB, PG, TS, TP, DIVX, MOV)
Music Formats supported: untested. (Sold as: MP3, WMA, MP2, OGG, AAC, M4A, MA4, FLAC, APE, 3GP, WAV
Photo Album files supported: untested (Sold as: supporting JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG
USB: 2 ports are visible on the device. Not tested, but will today. (sold as: 2 usb 2.0)
Built in GPS: Yes (tested, works perfectly. However, comes with a required "Outer antenna" that must be plugged into it's gps to work.)
Bluetooth: Supports it, but untested and requires a dongle.
1 tft Micro sd card slot: Yes. Tested, working great.
Headphones Jack: Works very well.
Physical buttons on the device include:
Square iPhone'ish back button on the face, physical wifi on/off switch, home, menu, volume up/down, power.
Supports E-book and turning page functions. Tested great
Claims to Support multiple languages: Simple Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English, German, Italian, Portuguese, French, Spanish, Turkish, Japanese, Russian, Turkish, Swedish, Czech, Greek, Thai, Romanian, Hindi, Vietnamese, Finnish, Bulgarian, Slovak, Hebrew, Norwegian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Arabic, Danish (I only know English so I can't really test Posted Image)
Standard packaging includes (which I received all described with exception to a true Flytouch device):
1 x 10.1 inch flytouch 3 Tablet
1 x Travel Charger
1 x GPS Antenna
1 x Earphone (they are awful imo.)
User manual

CONCLUSION

Although you have a clone device, you still have a decent working machine and with the help of myself and our growing community, we can make this tablet more than what we paid for Posted Image

Post 2 will be full of information regarding tips, tricks, tweaks, mods, and general info as I obtain it. Most will be tested by myself. Those that aren't will be noted as such.

Posted Image

Revolutionizing the Android Community.

Posted Image

Tampered, S-OFF, Running Android 4.0.3 ICS

CleanROM Developer Edition 1.4

Radio 1.22.10.0421r, 1.22.10.0424r

#2 IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

HOW TO OBTAIN ROOT

As the topic suggests, this is an effective, trouble free, pc free, way to root this device.

*************!!!IMPORTANT!!!*************

When you "root" your device, you are granting yourself "root access" to any and all files both visible and non within your tablet. You have the freedom of changing ANYTHING possible with this kind of access along with permanently bricking your tablet.

If you do not know what bricking means, please go outside, bring in a brick, and attempt to use it as your tablet...
This is bricking.

Although there is an extremely slim chance of ever bricking your phone using this method, I will not be held responsible for damages to your device by redistributing this easily and readily available information listed all over the free web Posted Image

I am currently unsure if rooting the device messes up any custom recovery that may have been present on it.. I do not know? I don't even know if it had a custom recovery to begin with, However, I DO know that attempting a factory reset failed for me however having only tested it after the device was rooted.
That being said..

Here's how you do it

STEP ONE: Enabling USB Debugging

In order to root this, you must have usb debugging enabled. On almost every android platform, this would be located under /Menu/Settings/Applications/Development

However! It does not appear to be here? As a matter of fact, you can't find it anywhere..

Here's what you need to do.
Go the android market from the device.

Please thank Slate Droid member Danny Backx for creating the following app. It has simplified this process! It will also give you a quick run down of your Tablet's technical info and help you identify what you have exactly. it is called ShowVersions and is found in the Android Market. Please rate the app and leave a review should it be successful in turning USB debugging on for you.
Once installed, launch the app. It will immediately give you info on your tablet, and provide you with a gray button to take you to "Development".
Here you can activate USB debugging by placing a check in the USB debugging box.
It will ask you if you wish to do this and just click ok. I always leave this option checked. It is extremely useful.

Great! USB Debugging enabled!

STEP TWO: Downloading and Launching Z4ROOT

I do not own Z4Root, but many thanks to the author for making root so easy for many devices. It used to be available in the app market until it got knocked out by google. It is still readily available all over the internet including several different android communities.
For simplicity sake, I have it uploaded to my drop box and all you need to do to download it is click here: Z4ROOT Posted Image

For those who are downloading this to a computer first, who's anti-virus type utilities go into overkill and stop the download by miss-identifying the apk as a virus, I have provided a link to the file in "zipped" format in an attempt to trick the system: Z4ROOT Zipped
For this file, you will need to unzip it first with a zip utility such as 7Zip or Winzip. After unzip, you can transfer the apk to your tablet.

After you have installed Z4Root, launch it. You have the option the Permanently root, or to temp root. Permanently does not mean you can no longer "un-root" the tablet if you chose to, it just means it will stick after reboots. After you are rooted, you can actually go right back here and click the available option: Re-Root or Un-root.

After you click root permanently, it will put you in a waiting type mode for a minute or less. After this time, the device should automatically reboot, and eventually come back to your home screen.

Done!

You should be rooted! Go into your apps and see if Super User is present. If it is, you are rooted friend.
Super User is your defense. It basically acts like "windows defender" and makes you confirm use of "root Only" apps but you only have to confirm it once or twice (usually only once).

Now that you have root access, you can begin the process of amping this tablet.

Watch what you do.. All it takes is deleting or moving the wrong files and you could be stuck in a bootloop, screen freezes, brick, etc.

I will be posting more to Post #2 on what can be deleted, backed up, or converted to a user app as they way it came when you purchased it is seriously messed up!

REMOVING BLOATWARE AND MEDIA

*****The following information is for rooted devices only*****

Please remember that what you do here can either negatively or positively effect the performance of your Tablet and can lead to bricking or bootloops if you are not careful

First thing's first.

Go to the Android Market and download (free app) Titanium Backup.

This is an amazing application and I HIGHLY recommend it for all rooted devices.
Once downloaded, launch the app.
It will need to obtain root access so Super User will now kick in and ask you if you wish to grant it access. tap yes.
You may get re-directed to a changelog or introductory page the first time but just go ahead and click on or go back.. Whatever needs to be done to take you back to the original home screen of the app.
Take a minute here to get an overview of the information it's providing you.
For what we are going to do, I want you to focus particularly at the storage/space information listed at the very bottom.
Now the actual Operating System itself is stored in the "System ROM" section. You basically have a small dedicated amount of space for the operating system to move around in. As you can see, it's a little tight..
The next section just you know, is the amount of space dedicated for your app installs. It should be a generous round about of 1.07BG. That's pretty nice Posted Image
Of course what's listed next is your internally hidden/built and mounted sd card... From what I understand, it's another micro sd card mounted inside. This is basically like, your built-in storage space since it most likely didn't come with an external micro sd card (at least mine didn't)
And lastly, the Ext. SD card is you external tft inserted micro sd card.

What we are going to attempt to do is free up some breathing room for the system!

If your tablet is like mine, it came with all kinds of apps that you would never use yet are unable to uninstall! Whats worse, is some of those apps are user apps installed in the system directory when they shouldn't be and so are taking up unnecessary room. For example: Mine came with Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja installed as a system app and those two together (if I remember correctly) use up around 25-30MB of space alone!
Here's what you need to do..

Click the center tab listed near the top titled Backup/Restore.
Once your apps show, tap either the soft menu key at the top right, or press the menu key on the top of the tablet (or side depending upon perspective), and then select "Filters"
Filter:

Type: System
temperature: All
now select apply in the top right corner.

Once the list populates we are going to go through and weed out the unnecessary stuff UNLESS you wish to keep it.. It is your decision not mine.

***IT IS IMPORTANT NOT TO MODIFY OR DELETE THE FOLLOWING:***
Account and Sync Settings
Adobe Flash
Adobe Reader
ADSL Dialer
Calculator (unless you just don't want it.. the file is too small to make a difference if removed really)
Calendar (unless you do not want it)
Calendar 1.0 (same as above)
Calendar Storage (Surprisingly, removing this will cause some problems.. leave it alone)
Certificate Installer
Alarms Clock
com.android.providers.applications
USER DICT com.android.....
Com.android...
Contacts/Calls..
SMS/MMS/APN Dialer Storage (DO NOT TOUCH, EVER)
Download Manager
DRM Protected Content..
Email 2.2 (unless you honestly don't use it.. I would suggest leaving it tho)
Ethernet Settings
Gmail (removing this will effect sync with the market and possibly cause other issues)
Google Services Framework (DO NOT TOUCH)
GSensor calibration
HDMI Settings
HDMI ServiceIPC
HTML Viewer
[DESKTOP] Infotm Home 2.2 (This is the default launcher. On my HTC Incredible the home launcher can be removed once another launcher has been installed, and selected as the default launcher when pressing the home key. Removing the launcher without another launcher to use will result in bootloops and you may as well say goodbye to your tablet unless you know how to flash os firmware. Although I have not deleted my original launcher, it does not hurt to leave it as it is not even 1MB in size. I would suggest not touching it)
Market (DO NOT TOUCH) for some reason, playing with this will cause you world's of problems and fc issues.
Media Container Service
Playlist Media Storage
My Pad (unknown what will happen if this is removed.. honestly don't know? For now don't touch)
Package Installer (without this, apk's can not be installed.. it's a necessity)
Pico tts
Wallpaper settings (DO NOT TOUCH)
settings Bluetooth Settings Storage (NO TOUCHY)
VPN Services
Wi-Fi Settings

Phew! Long list of DO NOT TOUCH's. Generally, Games can be deleted. I unfortunately do not remember what all came on here when I got it.. I got rid of so much. I do remember however, the Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja were the first to go. Those aren't system apps come on... Delete them, and simply re-download them from the market. They will then re-install as a user app (as it should be). Some System Apps however, can be converted to USER apps! However, converting apps through Titanium Back-up requires the purchased version and it's about $8 USD I believe.. May not be worth it for you.

Apps that can be converted from System to User are:
Camera
Contacts
Documents to Go
Dolphin Web Browser
eReader
Es Task Manager
Es File Explorer
Google Voice
Maps
Music Player
Video Player
Voice Search
Weather Forecast

Some of those listed may have already been a user app or may have been downloaded by me later.. However they work as a User app.

ALWAYS, before deleting or converting any of these, tap on the item, and select "Backup!" on the left side. this backs up the app to either your external sd card or your built in storage. Once backed up, click wipe data (NOT DELETE because that's your backup!) and then Un-Install. it will remove it and uninstall it but leave it as an entry for you to bring it back if you want it by simply clicking on it and selecting restore APP+DATA.

If you have any questions about what is safe to remove or what isn't please message me first.. Deleting the wrong thing can be catastrophic Posted Image

Tomorrow I will go into the 2nd part of clearing room from the System folder by actually taking you to the system folder and showing you how to remove certain media that is taking up a good bit of space.. Media that by choice, you may or may not want anymore.. Remember, you can always back it up and bring it back later if you want.

REMOVING BLOATWARE AND MEDIA - PART 2

For this part, I recommend using an app called "Root Explorer". It is not free. however it is not very expensive either. As a matter of fact, you can probably find it for free if you google around a bit as it was free once..

Should you choose not to use root explorer, then use (called exactly) "Root Browser Lite"
If it does not show in your market and considering it is free, I have made it easily available for you to download from my dropbox here:

After the download, it's going to ask you if you want to enable the root access features to which of course, you will tap "yes".
Doing this triggers Super User to approve this applications root access. Grant the access.
Welcome to your operating system! You can literally destroy your phone in here so be careful!
For what we are trying to do, we will be focusing on the "System" Folder so go ahead and tap it.
although there are a good bit of things you can get rid of in here, we're only going to focus on the bigger/media related files.

If you're using Root Browser Lite, then you have already mounted the System Folder as Writable (RW allows you to modify files)
If you're using Root Explorer, you will need to press the icon at the top called "Mount RW". It wil then (to the left of it) tell you that it is now mounted as r/w or "re-writable"

Ok so the first decent sized file that you come upon is your boot animation! If you remove this file, your tablet most likely has a hidden fall back animation that will have an animated "ANDROID" type scroll across the screen. You can delete the animation if you don't want it anymore. If you like it, and just don't want to use it for the moment and will want it back in the future, long press it and move or cut the file. Navigate out of the system folder and put it elsewhere (where you can remember where it is). Should you choose to keep the file, then skip to the next step.
Click on the audio folder.

You will have 1 folder for all your alarms, 1 for all notifications, one for ringtone (wuuuh? lol) and one for the ui like camera click, keyboard tacks, and such.

Basically, you can go into each folder and decide what you want to keep and what you don't want to keep. Delete what you want or move them out of the system folder for use in the future.. you can sort the view of files by size in descending order by tapping menu while in the file browser of choice and selecting the option or preference.
There is a trick to playing the sound to test it and see if you want to keep it tho..
For some reason, your tablet doesn't recognize the file format .ogg right off hand (unless you've installed a custom player) so what you will need to do is long press the file, select "open with", Click on the Apps tab,check off "Always perform the selected action for this type of file, then select "Music Player".

Now every time you click on that media file type it will open the player and play the sound for you Posted Image

You can always go back into Titanium and see how well you're doing on space and such.

If anyone has anything to add, let me know.

The next section will be about tweaking your RAM performance settings to improve available memory and help the system run more lag free! I will be uploading this info on Tuesday as I am leaving in a few minute for my mini New Years vacation.

Happy New Years everyone

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

ROMS (FIRMWARE)

Because the information has been made available recently in this thread, I felt it necessary to go ahead and provide it for those who may have bricked their device or have chosen to take the risk of testing out other firmware on the sole trust of members they do not know who have successfully flashed the ROM.

This section will be updated from time to time to include new firmware releases that have been tested with our particular Mercury Tablet to ensure they are safe for you to try. A post will be made to the thread indicating the change to Post #2 and provide you of detailed info of what was changed or added.

For today, I will be uploading two (ROMS) firmware o.s. that have been tested by a couple users and not yet by myself.

EDIT: My uploads keep failing for some reason.. So as not to provide you with missing or corrupt data aon what DID upload, I am re downloading them to my desktop to compare with the real downloaded builds to see what is missing... For Now, I will only be providing the links to the files for you to go and download yourself.

They are in .RAR format so you will need to extract them to your PC first. Detailed instructions of exactly what to do with these RAR files will be provided after the rom posts.

For RAR extracting, I personally use "7ZIP".

The first that will be provided to you appears to be a "Tab10" build or, as the included change-log suggests, "Android 10".

The second is the official ibex release for Flytouch 4/5 I believe. I also have not tested it.

Feel free to test both of these but PLEASE TAKE CAUTION. Flashing new firmware erases everything and puts your tablet into a "factory" state. Should this happen, I will do my best to help bring you back to a stable working tablet, but I will not be held responsible for your brick.

As I listed yesterday, you can use Titanium Backup to backup any applications you want to keep including their information. Like if you had a game with saved files and such..

Once you reboot after the fresh instal, you will need to re-download Titanium Backup from the Android Market.. Although I'm unsure with the tablet, you may even need to re-root. I will be confirming or denying this suspicion once I flash the rom. I plan to try both firmware and give as detailed a report as I can on their stability and handling.

***PLEASE NOTE*** - Before you use the SD-Card again for e.g. data-transfer, make sure you have completely formatted it with a new created partition otherwise you will most likely have permanent problems on boot up while the card is inserted - Thanks to MKay90 for this info.

Ok, on to the roms..

ROMS

android 2.3 10inch gps Imapx 2011-11-14 android10 (as the name suggests, the build was most likely made Nov. 14th, 2011)

This was found off of a Russian website by SlateDroid member thel2dab and although he did not create the rom, he is being given credit for finding it and testing it himself.

Credit for this rom goes to 4PDA.ru

This Russian site is tricky! Once you have submitted the Captcha, it gives you the link to press and download the file. HOWEVER! Pressing it will take you to a page where they want you to download and install their software/plug-in.
This is unnecessary!
What you must do, is right click the link and select SAVE AS or SAVE LINK AS and that will be the file.

Official ibex Flytouch4 YOSpad (Resistive)

This was found by SlateDroid member clone_victim and although he did not create the rom, he is being given credit for finding it and testing it himself.

Credit for this rom goes to ibex and Apad_tv.

Unfortunately, this one is not as easily available as I'd like to provide for you, but it's still pretty simple!
As I've noticed today, this file needs to be downloaded from this site from something other than an Android device. My only successful download was from a computer.

Once you get to the site, Select Slow speed (or fee). You will then be taken to a page to enter in the "Captcha". This may be extremely difficult to read. You can either hit the reload arrow next to it, or give it your best shot. If you fail the captcha, it w ill re-load with a different one. I'm not sure as to how many you can get wrong..

Once passed, the download link will appear. Click on this and your download should start. Don't mess this up or stop it because you won't be able to attempt the download again (for free) for another hour.

Sawee10

This was found by SlateDroid member icabob4 and although he did not create the rom, he is being given credit for finding it and testing it himself. (I have not tested this rom. Further build/name info will be provided after I do. For the moment, I do not know who made the ROM)

Credit for this rom goes to Apad_tv.

Sawee10 (different build)

This was found by SlateDroid member icabob4 and although he did not create the rom, he is being given credit for finding it and testing it himself. (I have not tested this rom. Further build/name info will be provided after I do. For the moment, I do not know who made the ROM)

Credit for this rom goes to Apad_tv.

Here are the flashing instructions provided by thel2dab:

1 - Download file to your PC.

2 - Card microSD card readers connect to a PC.

3 - Copy complete the contents from android folder in the root directory of the microSD card.

4 - Insert the microSD card into the tablet ensure the power supply connected.

5 - Press home + Back + Power it will then as you to press buttons for factory reset - release buttons and press home + back again before the countdown from 5 finishes. It will the load files from sd card

6 - The firmware update is performed automatically.

7 - Remove after performing the update files from the SD card

The first boot will take a long time but it will boot.

As he stated about your first boot, it will take longer. This is because it has to build the Dalvik Cache (if like an android smartphone) and others caches for the apps. First boot always takes much longer so don't fear.

****IF THIS FLASHING PROCEDURE DID NOT WORK FOR YOU, HERE IS ANOTHER ONE TO TRY:****

The following info has been provided by SlateDroid member Adamc

There are two ways to flash, via USB and SD Card. SD in my opinion is the easiest, once you have prepared the SD Card... this only needs to be done once. I suggest you get hold of a 1 or 2GB SD Card and keep it for flashing only, this process means only 705Mb is available

1. Prepare the SD Card (Warning this will wipe the card)
Download this file to your PC: http://www.mediafire...chtva7c4r3u3q73 and unzip.

Browse to: http://www.androidta...b-flashing.html

Scroll Down to the Flashing Images / Alternative Solution section.

Follow the procedure and use Winhex to create a 705Mb partition and install the boot block, format etc when it gets to #10, copy the firmware files from either of the two links posted in post #1 of this thread.

2. Flashing
Create an android folder in the root of your newly prepared SD Card, note the case – its all lower case.

Copy the following files from the firmware posted in this thread into the android folder.
ramdisk.img
system.img
uImage
userdata.img
zSYS.img

Safely remove the sd card from your PC. Power off your tablet. Remove your normal SD card and insert the newly prepared card.

Warning at this point you will wipe anything on the tablet! You have been warned!

Insert card, power on. (Note this takes all of about 40 seconds to complete).

The tablet will boot immediately off the SD card, you do not need to press any buttons.

There will be several Black screen white text progress bar in middle,
“Updating Image Android” will be displayed, followed by “Burnning File System.”
Eventually “Take off SD and reboot.” will be displayed.
Ejecting the SD Card is enough – it reboots automatically.
The first boot always takes a couple of minutes, whilst caches are built etc.

Once Complete you'll get the Screen Calibration screen. Complete this and then you'll be presented with a familiar screen! All done. You can now proceed to root (using the procedure in this thread), and customise!

TIPS, TRICKS, AND OTHER DOWNLOADS

How to install a PIN/Pattern lock to your Tablet

*****WARNING!***** You may get locked out of your Tablet! FYI! This has only worked for a few and you do not need to be rooted to lock yourself out of your tablet! Proceed with caution and only if you have a firmware you know works with your tablet!

The following info has been provided by SlateDroid member Adamc

Install Launcher Pro (if you uninstalled it after rooting)
Press the Home button and select Launcher Pro
Long press desktop
Select shortcuts
Scroll down, select Activities
Settings / Settings / com.android.settings.ChooseLockGeneric
Set the name to Lock Settings.

Start the Lock Settings app and choose your lock settings. Now when powering on/Waking, the tablet will ask for your pin/password/pattern.

Tablet-PC USER MANUAL

I chopped my manual up, scanned each page, resized the images, etc etc etc. Since many may not be able to view pdf's, I simply left them as jpegs that can be printed out. I made the aspect ratio the same as an 8 1/2 x 11 standard size sheet. The manual itself is actually quite small..5 x 6 1/2 or something like that. Attached you will find the zip file containing the images. They are numbered from 1-40.
If you are using Tapatalk fear not! The file is right here:

Tablet-PC-User-Manual

Please note that it is only in black and white simply because that is how it came.

I hope this helps a lot of you.

-Neo

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

One more...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 surfdroid

surfdroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

Hi Neo,

Do you know how I could get a copy of the u-boot-nand.bin for the Mercury Tab10. I unfortuneately included the one that came with the 'Official ibex Flytouch 4 YOSpad' ROM download and now my tablet appears to be 'bricked'.
Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

#6 RaymaN

RaymaN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

hello

Install the room yesterday on my tablet and now I have problems with wifi when the asset spend about 10 seconds and then says: "have not been able to find networks"

Any help?

#7 tigres_999

tigres_999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hi

Please help me,  I need u-boot-nand.bin for the Mercury Tab10, I install other and my tablet has black screen all time

tks

#8 IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostRaymaN, on 05 June 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

hello

install the room yesterday on my tablet and now I have problems with wifi when the asset spend about 10 seconds and then says "have not been able to find networks"

any help?

I had this happen to me and even when I was able to provide the proper drivers, I couldn't get it to work :( These were monkey'd together before they were shipped out. The only thing I was able to do was purchase a very specific wifi usb mini dongle for $13 and it fixed the problem. It even gave me greater wifi connectivity than it had before. Other than that, at this time I haven't found a solution

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

As far as the u-boot-nand.bin file, have you tried the other roms? My tablet is actually on the yospad version..

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 surfdroid

surfdroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

Yes, that is the ROM I used and it appeared to burn ok (thru IUW 1.2), then gets stuck on the 'TABLET PC Powered by....' screen with a version '2011-05-06 (011112) on restart.

#11 pollo8

pollo8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Hi: I have 2 clones with board DK1031 and CPU InfoTMIC210.

Model
( Blank)

Android Version

Baseband
Unknown

Kernel version
2.6.35.7-infoTM
root@ice#126

Build number
GRI40

I Tried to update firmare to Tims 6a with no luck using this 2 different methods
2 files on the root of the 705M SD Card
2 files inside a Folder called android.
(files) firmware2 &firmware-discovery.

A Friend of mine tried on 1 of my tablets a folder called android and 5 files inside. Now
that tablet is always with the green android logo.

I noticed that the one that works has the ubuntu logo on boot.

anyway to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

#12 LeoSA

LeoSA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:38 AM

View PostIAmTheOneTheyCallNeo, on 05 June 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

I had this happen to me and even when I was able to provide the proper drivers, I couldn't get it to work :( These were monkey'd together before they were shipped out. The only thing I was able to do was purchase a very specific wifi usb mini dongle for $13 and it fixed the problem. It even gave me greater wifi connectivity than it had before. Other than that, at this time I haven't found a solution

Same problem here... Any info on how to get the original rom back, or how to tell what kind of driver need to be inserted into the image? Thanks.

#13 IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostLeoSA, on 07 June 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

Same problem here... Any info on how to get the original rom back, or how to tell what kind of driver need to be inserted into the image? Thanks.

Could not get a copy of the original rom and followed the directions for the exact drivers and instal. I don't know how they got it to work really :/ the original seller would not work with me at all in providing the rom info. If you want, I can provide you with the specs of the particular wifi dongle that will work with that tablet once I get my hands on the box

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 RaymaN

RaymaN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

View PostIAmTheOneTheyCallNeo, on 07 June 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Could not get a copy of the original rom and followed the directions for the exact drivers and instal. I don't know how they got it to work really :/ the original seller would not work with me at all in providing the rom info. If you want, I can provide you with the specs of the particular wifi dongle that will work with that tablet once I get my hands on the box

i want tis dongle

#15 IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

$13 Edimax EW-7811Un nano usb dongle

It's literally plug and play with this tablet.

Sent from my S-OFF Rezound using Tapatalk 2.0

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 RaymaN

RaymaN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

I have one of these http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=722

works?

#17 IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Does it? You tell me lol If it works I can add it to the Op

Sent from my S-OFF Rezound using Tapatalk 2.0

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 pollo8

pollo8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

Neo, your recommendations to install the yopad firmware didn't work left the tablet on the green android, lucky i was able to take out the internal SD and do a copy of another i have. Any other suggestion?

Thanks

#19 sopepe

sopepe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

Hi Neo:
All I've read this far in this forum is very illustrative and useful. Yet, since I'm no expert and don´t want to screw up, I'll tell you why am here, derived by dart16 from http://androidforums.com.
I bought my FT SP III through eBay, added to it an external 8 GB micro SD, and started playing around with it. Yet, and despite the fact that I could browse the microSD card, I have been unable to move newly installed programs to it, no matter what. I can if I cut and paste, but then the applications won't  work. In addition to it, with the volume set to maximum, one can hardly listen to anything on the speakers. Thus, I attempted to flash it with Tim6, and there is when I realized that the model didn't comply with it (good only for Disco).
Mine is:
Model Number: Android Tab 10
Android version: V2.3 2011-11-21 (01112)
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
Buid number: FRF85B
Is there any recommendation that you can suggest?

#20 IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

View Postsopepe, on 11 June 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Hi Neo:
All I've read this far in this forum is very illustrative and useful. Yet, since I'm no expert and don´t want to screw up, I'll tell you why am here, derived by dart16 from http://androidforums.com.
I bought my FT SP III through eBay, added to it an external 8 GB micro SD, and started playing around with it. Yet, and despite the fact that I could browse the microSD card, I have been unable to move newly installed programs to it, no matter what. I can if I cut and paste, but then the applications won't  work. In addition to it, with the volume set to maximum, one can hardly listen to anything on the speakers. Thus, I attempted to flash it with Tim6, and there is when I realized that the model didn't comply with it (good only for Disco).
Mine is:
Model Number: Android Tab 10
Android version: V2.3 2011-11-21 (01112)
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
Buid number: FRF85B
Is there any recommendation that you can suggest?

The reason for this, is that it's not a TRUE Android 2.3. It's a mutated 2.2 and even though it is Froyo, it doesn't truly support moving apps over to your SD card for Installation. Now, you could attempt to use the app called: App2SD but I am not sure if the tablet will work properly with it... I assume you are wanting to move your apps over because of space issues and to speed up the tablet? Your best bet honestly is to debloat the mess out of it like detailed in Post #2 (what you can and can not delete).

As far as the audio is concerned, the speakers included are paper thin and the cheapest thing on the market. I had the idea to replace them with better speakers but when I opened it I noticed that the specific placement of the speakers only allows for that particular size and nothing larger or you won't be able to close the casing properly... The unfortunate solution (and really not that big a solution by any means) is to plug something into the headphones jack like a portable audio station/sound dock.

-Neo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flytouch, Superpad, Mercury, Tablet, Clone, Tab, I Like Turtles, 2.3, Android, Neo is greater than Wolf