#1 Ryan Dizzle

Ryan Dizzle

[android] Chronicles

• [android] Chronicles
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

Jellybean's Featured Updates

With the Google I/O conference coming in late this month, developers and tech journalists alike have been anticipating the tech giant's release of its latest software iteration, Android Jellybean. Rumors abound have the Jellybean update keying on improved features such as security enhancements against malware, improved web browsing experience through the final release of the Google's mobile Chrome Browser, enhanced Siri-like voice command features (code-named Majel), and the ability to port the Android OS on to PC's and laptops. While all these rumors may sound enticing, most of us would want to know; Which Android device will be the first to get Jellybean? All rumors and speculations have been pointing towards a new Nexus device. And this time it's not a phone, but a rumored Nexus Tablet.

Amazon's Forked Android 2.3 Keeps Google Services At Bay

With the 7" Amazon Kindle quickly becoming the highest sold Android tablet to date, Google has to feel a bit pressured. While the Kindle does run Android 2.3 Gingerbread, it is running more of a "forked" version of Android with basically all of Google's built-in services and features locked out. With out these services, Google is left out in the dust in terms of ad revenue. And as we all know, the last time Google tried to enter the tablet market, it failed in its collaboration with Motorola and the Motorola Xoom tablet. One of the biggest drawbacks of the Xoom was its high price point vs. the likes of the iPad and the iPad2. The Kindle Fire quickly became a direct competitor to the iPad due to its more affordable 200 dollar price tag and its built-in Amazon ecosystem i.e., Amazon Kindle, App Store, etc.

Google And Asus Teaming Up?

Back at the 2011 CES, Google was said to be so impressed with Asus upcoming 7" tablet with Tegra's Quadcore Chip, Google decided to vie for Asus' services in creating an affordable 200-250 dollar tablet. This would place Google's firm hand on competition within the tablet market against Amazon and the Kindle Fire. With the timing of the June 27 Google I/O Conference, it would make sense for Google to debut its new tablet with Jellybean . To further substantiate these rumors, tech website, AndroidPolice has posted leaked images of the Nexus Tablet running Andriod Jellybean 4.1.  June 27 can't soon enough.

Source links:

TechnoBuffalo
ElectricPIG
AndroidPolice

Click here to view the article

#2 XRaptor29

XRaptor29

Reptar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm asumming the Google and samsung version be rumored wil be the Nexus 10 tablet since asus is producing the Nexus 7. still can't wait for Jelly Bean 4.1 :D
Posted Image

#3 IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

I assume your assumptions to be well founded :D

Posted Image

Revolutionizing the Android Community.

Posted Image

Tampered, S-OFF, Running Android 4.0.3 ICS